By Douglas M. MacDowell
Read or Download Aristophanes and Athens: An Introduction to the Plays PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Broadens the viewpoint of modern paintings at the discourse of the Muslim different in medieval Christendom by means of investigating pertinent texts, paintings, and artefacts, situating those neighborhood discourses of the Muslim different within the higher cultural context of proto-Eurocentric discourse.
Greek Tragedies, quantity III comprises Aeschylus’s “The Eumenides,” translated by way of Richmond Lattimore; Sophocles’s “Philoctetes,” translated through David Grene; Sophocles’s “Oedipus at Colonus,” translated via Robert Fitzgerald; Euripides’s “The Bacchae,” translated via William Arrowsmith; and Euripides’s “Alecestis,” translated via Richmond Lattimore.
Providing a brand new interpreting of Malory’s famed text, Le Morte Darthur, this ebook presents the 1st full-length survey of the adjustments Malory made to lady characters in his resource texts. via targeted comparisons with either previous French and center English fabric, Siobhán M. Wyatt discusses how Malory considerably altered his French and English resource texts to create a gendered trend within the reliability of speech, depicting woman discourse as helpful and honest.
Guittone d’Arezzo (ca. 1230-1294) used to be an important, prolific, and influential poet and prose author of the 13th century. regrettably, his paintings has been overshadowed by way of his successor; the extra discovered and talented Dante Alighieri. The poems and prose incorporated during this quantity are emblematic of the 2 levels of Guittone’s profession: he first accomplished repute as a mundane love poet yet following his conversion within the 1260s he grew to become a popular spiritual poet.
- The Plays of Aeschylus (Classical World)
- Gattungsinterferenzen: Der Artusroman im Dialog (Schriften der Internationalen Artusgesellschaft) (German Edition)
- Blonde comme l'or: La chevelure féminine au Moyen Âge (Senefiance) (French Edition)
- Brüchige Helden - brüchiges Erzählen: Mittelhochdeutsche Heldenepik aus narratologischer Sicht (Texte und Studien zur mittelhochdeutschen Heldenepik) (German Edition)
Extra info for Aristophanes and Athens: An Introduction to the Plays
- Download Who I Am: Die Autobiographie (German Edition) by Pete Townshend,Kathrin Bielfeldt,Jürgen Bürger,Astrid Finke PDF
- Download Network Analysis Literacy: A Practical Approach to the by Katharina A. Zweig PDF