By David A Salomon
Read or Download An Introduction to the 'Glossa Ordinaria' as Medieval Hypertext (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Broadens the viewpoint of contemporary paintings at the discourse of the Muslim different in medieval Christendom via investigating pertinent texts, paintings, and artefacts, situating those neighborhood discourses of the Muslim different within the greater cultural context of proto-Eurocentric discourse.
Greek Tragedies, quantity III comprises Aeschylus’s “The Eumenides,” translated by way of Richmond Lattimore; Sophocles’s “Philoctetes,” translated via David Grene; Sophocles’s “Oedipus at Colonus,” translated by means of Robert Fitzgerald; Euripides’s “The Bacchae,” translated through William Arrowsmith; and Euripides’s “Alecestis,” translated by means of Richmond Lattimore.
Providing a brand new studying of Malory’s famed text, Le Morte Darthur, this ebook offers the 1st full-length survey of the changes Malory made to lady characters in his resource texts. via specified comparisons with either previous French and center English fabric, Siobhán M. Wyatt discusses how Malory noticeably altered his French and English resource texts to create a gendered development within the reliability of speech, depicting lady discourse as precious and honest.
Guittone d’Arezzo (ca. 1230-1294) was once crucial, prolific, and influential poet and prose author of the 13th century. regrettably, his paintings has been overshadowed through his successor; the extra realized and proficient Dante Alighieri. The poems and prose incorporated during this quantity are emblematic of the 2 stages of Guittone’s profession: he first completed reputation as an earthly love poet yet following his conversion within the 1260s he grew to become a well known non secular poet.
- Die Hohenzollern: Band 2: Dynastie im säkularen Wandel. Von 1740 bis in das 20. Jahrhundert (Urban-Taschenbücher) (German Edition)
- The Structure and Performance of Euripides' Helen
- Theseus, Tragedy and the Athenian Empire (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Anglo-Saxon Manuscripts: Basic Readings (Basic Readings in Chaucer and His Time)
- Haunted Greece and Rome: Ghost Stories from Classical Antiquity
Extra info for An Introduction to the 'Glossa Ordinaria' as Medieval Hypertext (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages)
- Download Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Once More with Feeling Songbook by Hal Leonard Corp. PDF
- Download Black Print Unbound: The Christian Recorder, African by Eric Gardner PDF