By Antony Augoustakis,Ariana Traill
• The first finished number of essays on Terence in English, by way of top students within the field
• Covers a variety of issues, together with either conventional and sleek matters of gender, race, and reception
• Features a wide-ranging yet interconnected sequence of essays that provide new views in analyzing Terence
• Includes an creation discussing the lifetime of Terence, its impression on next experiences of the poet, and the query of his ethnicity
Read Online or Download A Companion to Terence (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Broadens the point of view of modern paintings at the discourse of the Muslim different in medieval Christendom through investigating pertinent texts, paintings, and artefacts, situating those neighborhood discourses of the Muslim different within the better cultural context of proto-Eurocentric discourse.
Greek Tragedies, quantity III comprises Aeschylus’s “The Eumenides,” translated via Richmond Lattimore; Sophocles’s “Philoctetes,” translated by way of David Grene; Sophocles’s “Oedipus at Colonus,” translated by means of Robert Fitzgerald; Euripides’s “The Bacchae,” translated through William Arrowsmith; and Euripides’s “Alecestis,” translated by way of Richmond Lattimore.
Supplying a brand new analyzing of Malory’s famed text, Le Morte Darthur, this ebook offers the 1st full-length survey of the changes Malory made to lady characters in his resource texts. via distinct comparisons with either previous French and heart English fabric, Siobhán M. Wyatt discusses how Malory appreciably altered his French and English resource texts to create a gendered development within the reliability of speech, depicting girl discourse as priceless and fair.
Guittone d’Arezzo (ca. 1230-1294) used to be an important, prolific, and influential poet and prose author of the 13th century. regrettably, his paintings has been overshadowed through his successor; the extra discovered and talented Dante Alighieri. The poems and prose integrated during this quantity are emblematic of the 2 levels of Guittone’s occupation: he first accomplished reputation as an earthly love poet yet following his conversion within the 1260s he grew to become a popular spiritual poet.
- Essays on Eddic Poetry (Toronto Old Norse-Icelandic Series (TONIS))
- Literary Texts and the Greek Historian (Approaching the Ancient World)
- Paradise, Death and Doomsday in Anglo-Saxon Literature (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England)
- Seeing Through the Veil: Optical Theory and Medieval Allegory
Extra resources for A Companion to Terence (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Download The Devil's Wall by Mark Cornwall PDF
- Download Moorosi: A South African king's battle for survival by Graham Fysh PDF